SiteGround started as a passion project by university students in Sofia, Bulgaria, in 2004. Today, it has become a web hosting powerhouse, catering to almost two million domains and 400 employees. It’s one of the…
- Best web hosting Australia
- Best web hosting Canada
- Best web hosting Malaysia
- Best web hosting Singapore
- and Best web hosting UK
In this SiteGround review, we’ll be checking the pros and cons of SiteGround’s services in more detail.
SiteGround offers three plans for its clients. These plans are shared hosting plans. It isn’t for everyone, but unless your website is raking hundreds of thousands of visitors monthly, shared hosting would be an ideal setup.
Your website’s priorities may differ, but the following features are available in all three of SiteGround’s plans:
- No Traffic Limit
- Unlimited Email Accounts, with Available Databases
- A Caching System Equipped with SSD Disks
- 24-Hour Support through Email, Phone, and Chat
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
In this SiteGround review, we have included a quick overview of the StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek plans.
StartUp: $6.99 per Month (First Term); $14.99 per Month (Renewal)
The basic plan is most suitable for customers who have a small-to-medium-sized website that needs no more than 10GB of disk space.
If you want a no-frills website, you can benefit immensely from SiteGround’s StartUp option.
The plan includes a static-content cache service for a faster site. Features like staging website versions are not available, but you probably won’t need it if your blog isn’t loaded with many images or videos.
GrowBig: $9.99 per Month (First Term); $24.99 per Month (Renewal)
If you intend to manage several websites or expand your first website, GrowBig is your best option.
Equipped to accommodate disk space of up to 20GB, GrowBig provides smart on-demand backup systems, dynamic and static content caching (for improved loading speeds), and a website staging tool.
‘Staging’ refers to the living and breathing clone of your website, where you can perform various tests or “beta” versions before applying these changes to your live platform.
GoGeek: $14.99 per Month (First Term); $39.99 per Month (Renewal)
Seasoned developers will appreciate the GoGeek plan, offering up to 40GB worth of disk space, including all the features of the plans mentioned above.
You can go full geek with the pre-installed Git repositories, too. The plan is even suitable for web agencies, allowing you to provide white label-hosting with streamlined professionalism.
SiteGround’s 24/7 support team is available through email, phone call, or live chat. You can also use their extensive support guides if you prefer to develop a do-it-yourself website.
- Uptime is fantastic—With an almost perfect uptime record, SiteGround is one of the most reliable hosts in the field.
- Hosting is Fast—You want your websites to load within seconds, and the SiteGround SSD disks achieve this with ease.
- User-Friendly—You can easily configure your dashboard using SiteGround, free of technical mazes.
- Excellent Customer Care—SiteGround’s support team garners raving reviews by customers.
- Strategic Server Placement—Depending on your location, you can easily connect to their servers in Asia, Europe, America, and Australia.
- Advanced Features—For advanced users, SiteGround’s staging tools, caching, and Git repositories are critical features that competing hosting providers often lack.
- Not Cheap—There are plenty of cheaper hosting providers out there, but we feel that SiteGround’s rates are value for money considering the quality offered by their three packages.
- Additional Fees for Migration—It costs an additional $30.00 to have a SiteGround agent migrate your website, but you can use a free WordPress migration plugin if that works for you.
As seen in this SiteGround review, the service has a commendable track record and competitive rates. If you’re a business owner, blogger, or a web agency in need of quality hosting, we would highly recommend that you explore SiteGround as a serious option.